HVAC Service Manager
Job Function: HVAC
Job Location: Corona, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Hiring Company: NP Mechanical, Inc.
Provides planning and management in the safe and efficient servicing of HVAC equipment, components and systems in commercial and/or residential settings. Utilizes human resources effectively to manage workload, achieve production and margin objectives and provide HVAC services to customers and contractors.
- Manages and develops the Service staff, which includes hiring, terminating and disciplining of employees, scheduling employees, setting work priorities, conducting staff meetings, counseling employees, evaluating performance and directing work assignments to ensure effective production.
- Evaluates work load and schedules service work in a way that best utilizes manpower and maximizes profits.
- Resolves customer issues and complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to create and manage budgets.
- Ensures that materials and equipment are ordered and dispensed for scheduled jobs. Schedules repairs for parts to ensure minimal down-time in job completion.
- Conducts research and participates in the marketing process of the department.
- Generates reports and measures of departmental operations as well as records on all inventory, tools and vehicles. Reviews reports with management.
- Instructs crews on proper use of materials and quality workmanship.
- Reviews payroll records to ensure that technicians are paid properly.
- May conduct job site surveys.
- Ensures that employees have proper tools for the job and that they are properly maintained.
- Assists the dispatching operation to ensure appropriate technician selection for type of service.
- Monitors preventive maintenance of vehicles to ensure proper operation.
- Evaluates staff to determine training requirements. Provides on-the-job training and support to employees.
- Oversees facility and equipment maintenance, ensuring that assets are protected and controlled
- Multifamily HVAC
- Single-family HVAC
- Air Filtration System
- Managing Crews
- Equipment Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance
- Supervisory Experience
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required with 6-8 years of experience in HVAC service A must. A working knowledge of gas piping, electricity, plumbing and air flow are required. Journeyman licensure is desired. A valid driver’s license is required. Must possess a working knowledge of local codes and general industry standards. Strong supervisory, communications, computer and mathematical skills are required.